E-Chem recognize that the protection of health and safety of its employees, other involved parties, or those affected by its activities, is an integral part of the company’s business performance and a prime responsibility of its entire workforce at every level.
E-Chem and its associated business units are committed to manage and implement the following:-
- Establishing & improving the health and safety management system to drive its activities in a safe manner.
- Assessing the impact of its activities on health & safety and implementing control measures required to eliminate/ reduce the associated risk to the level of “As Low As Reasonably Practical “through conducting Risk Assessments and applying Permit to work system.
- Availing awareness and training of employees to enable them perform their tasks in a safe manner and improve their competency level.
- Developing and maintaining effective contingency plans through liaison with local authorities and emergency services.
- Reviewing emergency plans for the subsidiaries to determine the extent of compliance with the international codes , best practice and to determine the possibilities for companies to deal with different emergencies.
- Maintaining the Implementation of the health , safety management as per ISO 45001 requirements and keeping the validity of ISO 45001 certification .
- Guiding and participating in the serious accidents investigation and analysis occurred in the affiliated companies to determine the root causes , the lessons learned to prevent the reoccurrence .
- Reviewing and approving the safety studies ( e.g. Hazops , Quantitative risk assessments , …….) of the new projects .
- Facilitation of the establishment of the process safety management systems in the affiliated companies and monitoring the key performance indicators of those systems.