The petrochemical Master Plan presents a vision and creates a living blueprint, over a period of 20 years (2002 – 2022), for the development of a robust, internationally competitive petrochemical industry in Egypt.
In developing this dynamic vision, the following have been considered:
- International petrochemical markets.
- Local petrochemical markets.
- Feedstock availability; gases and refinery streams.
- Integration issues.
- The existing industry.
- Financing, joint venture, technology issues.
- Key features of the petrochemical vision:
- It comprises 14 complexes, (24 projects, 50 production units).
- It will require about $20 billion.
- It will create over 100,000 direct and indirect jobs.
- It will produce over 15 million tons of products annually, worth US$15 billion.
- It will displace imports and generate export sales.
Based on the evaluation methodology, two types of project have been developed; export oriented, and import substitution projects.
The Financial Benefits of Realizing the Petrochemical Vision:
– Over 15 million tons of intermediates and products per year.
Value of Production:
– US$15 billion per year.
External Sales (exports and import displacement).
– Improved country rating.
– i.e. cheaper finance.
– Demonstrated track record.
– i.e. attract more investment- Presence of petrochemical majors as joint venture partners.
– improve confidence- Additional value from downstream derivatives.
Phases of Echem Master Plan:
Linear Alkyl Benzene
1st Olefin Complex
2nd Olefins Complex
3rd Olefin Complex
Download MASTER PLAN PDF