Echem Marketing encourage you to go through our products list and may choose one or more products.
I. Linear Alkyl benzene (LAB)
We have two LAB production plants
1. Ameryia Petroleum Refinery Company (APRC)
• The production capacity is 50 Ktpa (HF LAB unit) and the actual
production more than the design capacity that reached to 55 ktpa.
• The plant was established in 1984 utilizing UOP’s technology however using liquid
hydrofluoric acid as a catalyst vs. the latest UOP technology which uses a solid, non-hazardous, catalyst.
• The plant is relatively well maintained and is operated at full capacity. The plant’s maximum capacity is not sufficient to satisfy current demand in the local market.
2. Egyptian Linear Alkyl Benzene Company (ELAB)
• It is a new LAB plant which produce 100,000 MT/year( Detal LAB unit ) the complex is located in Ameryia area, Alexandria.
• ELAB was established in, 2003, to execute and operate linear alkyl benzene project (LAB)
• UOP was selected as a technology licensor for process unit.
• The Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM) have exclusivity marketing linear alkyl benzene product in the Egyptian market to all manufacturers.
• Linear Alkyl Benzene (LAB) is used to produce Linear Alkyl Benzene Suffocates (LAS).
• It is nearly used in all kinds of detergents and cleaning preparations which include laundry powders and liquids, manual dishwashing liquids, detergent tablets, soap bars and household cleaners.
II. Methanol (MEOH) (E-Methanex)
• Methanol is a clear biodegradable liquid petrochemical made usually from natural gas – though it can be produced from any carbon-based source, including coal, municipal wastes, landfill gas, wood wastes and other sources
• E-Methanex is in the process of constructing 1.3 million tons per year methanol production facility at Damietta on the Mediterranean Sea in Egypt.
• The plant was established in 2006
• Methanex was signed off take 100% of the methanol from the project and will supply the Egyptian market demand through a distribution agreement signed between Methanex and Echem.
• The Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM) have exclusivity marketing.
market to all manufacturers & Distributors.
• Methanol is used in a number of industrial and consumer products such as plastics and paints, building materials, polyester, and a variety of health and pharmaceutical products. Because it is carbon-based, methanol has applications in the alternative energy sphere and in the biofuels arena. It can also be used as a fuel additive or blended directly into transportation fuels. Other energy applications include dimethyl ether (DME), biodiesel and methanol-to-power. The fastest growing markets for methanol are in the energy sector, which today represents about one third of methanol demand.
• Like most chemicals, methanol must be handled and used with care.
III. Polystyrene (PS) (E-STYRENICS)
• The producers and manufacturers segmented the polystyrene is:
* Homo-polymer “HIPS, GPPS”
• The Egyptian market has a large consumption of grades GPPS and HIPS.
• E-STYRENICS is in the process of constructing a 200 ktpa (HIPS & GPPS) production facility at Alexandria, El Dekhella Port .
• E-STYRENICS was born in Sep. 2005 under the name of Egyptian styrene & Polystyrene Production Company.
• E-STYRENICS was signed off take 100% of the Polystyrene from the project and will supply the Egyptian market demand & Export to out Egypt through a distribution agreement signed between ESTYRENICS and Echem.
• The Egyptian Petrochemicals Holding Company (ECHEM) have exclusivity marketing Polystyrene product in the Egyptian market to all manufacturers & Distributors & Export about 50 ktpa through three external Distributors
• The Egyptian market have a large consumption of grades GPPS and HIPS that are both used in manufacturing most of the electrical equipments , toys, Cassette tape, cups, refrigerators, washing machines and air-conditions etc….